Dru Yoga is a graceful and potent form of yoga, based on flowing and subtly powerful movements, combined with breathing and visualisation. With its foundations set firmly in ancient yogic tradition, Dru works on body, mind and spirit—improving strength and flexibility, creating core stability, building a heightened feeling of positivity, and deeply relaxing and rejuvenating your whole being.
Designed to be practised by people of all abilities, all fitness levels and all age groups and whatever your yoga ambitions, I hope you’ll find Dru Yoga a fresh, energetic, positive and complete approach to health, wellbeing and attaining a sense of inner peace.
What is unique about Dru Yoga?
- Can be practiced by people at all levels and abilities
- Joints are kept relaxed and soft during movements (as in tai chi) creating flexibility and a free flow of subtle energy;
- Energy Block Release sequences which are flowing movements that help release physical, mental and emotional tension;
- All movements originate from the spine to enhance its flexibility, health and vitality,
- A focus on core stability.
- Improves circulatory and respiratory system – in turn improves breathing and enhances body’s natural system to improve health and well being
- Release physical and mental stress and tension
- Helps you to feel relaxed yet still feeling energised and full of life
- Improves strength and spinal suppleness
- Helps to reduces back pain
- Improve sleep
- Develop good posture and look confident
- Strengthens your balance and focus
- And many more………etc….etc…etc….
Mind, body and soul!!!
“Dru Yoga should be available in every GP surgery” – Dr Hilary Jones
In 2005, 450 graduates and participants in Dru Yoga Courses all over the world were asked about the effects of their practice.
- 72 % found Dru Yoga reduced back pain
- 93 % experienced improved spine flexibility
- 86% enjoyed increased energy levels
- 89% experienced improved breathing with yoga
- 89% can now reduce and control stress levels
- 81% have greater confidence and self-empowerment
- 84% benefited from enhanced mood since practising Dru Yoga
- 83% felt emotionally balanced
- 91% gained peace of mind by overcoming negative thinking